Are you in your 30s and already experiencing hair loss? Is your receding hairline giving you a bald, old look typical of grandpas? Do women shy away from dating you? Do you feel a severe loss of self-esteem as a result of all this? If yes; then you could be suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia. This is a type of genetic disease, also known as ‘Male Pattern of Baldness’.
If your father suffered from this problem, then it is highly likely that you will also suffer from it. Don’t lose heart, however, as with all other health issues, this problem can also be remedied, if not cured completely. However, make sure you take action before you go completely bald; else growing back hair on a bald hair is not possible.
One cause of hair loss in men is definitely genetic, this means, they will go bald when the time is due as per the interaction between genes and environment. However, this doesn’t mean that your dietary habits and lifestyle don’t have a role to play.
What you eat and how you treat your hair is a big determinant of the quality of your hair. Remember: you are not destined to become bald just because you are born a man. Never take anything as your destiny. Be proactive enough to treat your hair problems on time, and you will see a tremendous improvement in the quality and volume of your hair.
How to Treat/Alleviate/Delay Hair Loss?
- Hairs are protein strands made up of the protein keratin; hence if your diet falls short of proteins, you will certainly experience hair loss. One way to get the required quantities of proteins in your diet is by having regular meals including protein sources like milk, meat, lentils, beans, legumes, tofu, eggs, or protein shakes (for its high palatability).
- Have a handful of nuts every day, preferably cashew nuts, peanuts, and walnuts to ensure you get a healthy supply of proteins as well as essential fatty acids.
- Zinc and biotin deficiencies result in hair loss in men. Have foods rich in zinc like oysters, cashews, walnuts, sesame seeds, and liver. Biotin is found in oats, liver, walnuts, and mushrooms. Make sure you include a plenty of these foods in your diet to grow back your hair.
- Stress is the leading cause of hair loss in men. Talk out your problems with your near and dear ones, and practice meditative techniques like deep breathing or music therapy to relieve stress.
- Refrain from using harsh chemicals that damage hair like shampoos and dyes containing SLS and phthalates.
- If you are suffering from partial hair loss, then you may try Propecia. It works by reduction of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). DHT is a hormone implicated in hair loss. Propecia works on men with mild to moderate hair loss. But, those with complete baldness are too late for this treatment.
- Buy Propecia uk from online stores to avail of discounts, and see your hair grow back. This product is known to promote hair growth on scalp and reduce further shrinking of hair follicles. The active ingredient of this product is finasteride, which is highly popular for curing hair loss. This effect of this medicine takes 3 to 6 months to occur. However, you must continue the treatment to sustain its positive benefits. Studies have shown that after stoppage of this treatment, men lost the hair that they grew using this treatment within a span of 9 to 12 months.
- Have lots of vitamin C-rich foods such as oranges, fresh lime, amla (Indian Gooseberry), and jalapenos, strawberries, and chillies to make sure the collagen functions properly. A glass of strawberry milkshake daily is the perfect recipe to grow back hair in a delicious way.
- Oil your hair regularly. Oil massage improves blood circulation, thus greater quantities of nutrients reach the hair roots. This promotes hair growth and prevents loss of hair. If you are prone to dry hair, oil your hair frequently. Dry hair is more prone to breakage.
- Another way to improve blood circulation is by frequent combing. Make sure you comb your hair at least thrice a day, and apply adequate number of strokes.
Hair loss is fairly common in men, specially aging men. However, if you are facing this problem at the peak of your youth, then you may use Propecia. Many men testify for this saying that it is highly effective and restores their self-esteem. Be a smart man, not a bald one. Shave your head for the purpose of following some fashion, but do not go bald because it’s in your genes or because of bad diet or lifestyle.