Use Neuro Linguistic Programming To Take Control Of Your Phobias
It’s safe to say we all have a phobia of some sort. Some can be minor and rarely affect our day to day lives. But some can be crippling, resulting in you being unable to live a normal and happy life. It has been said that we are all born with two phobias- fear of falling, and fear of loud noises. We all get that electric feeling in our tummies when staring down a great drop, or jump at a sudden loud noise, but what if your phobia is more than that. What if it stops you living?
There are several phobias we have all heard of, some we may even dismiss and find amusing. But if you have a phobia, you know just how serious they can be.
Here are the top ten common phobias-
- Arachnophobia- fear of spiders
- Sociaphobia- Fear of social situations/social anxiety
- Aviophobia- Fear of flying
- Agoraphibia- Fear of embarrassment
- Claustrophobia- Fear of small spaces
- Acrophobia- Fear of heights
- Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting
- Carcinophobia- Fear of cancer
- Brontophobia- Fear of thunderstorms
- Necrophobia- Fear of death
There are also many phobias we may not have heard of. Everyone is different, each phobia different, and no phobia seems irrational to you when the fear you feel is so severe.
Here are the top ten uncommon phobias-
- Dextrophobia- Fear of objects being on the right hand side of the body.
- Sciophobia- Fear of shadows
- Triskadekaphabia- Fear of the number 13
- Phagophobia- Fear of eating
- Panphobia- Fear of everything
- Gymnophobia- Fear of nudity
- Somniphobia- Fear of sleeping
- Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions
- Anthropophobia- Fear of people
- Lalophobia- Fear of speaking
What Can Be Done To Help If You Suffer From A Phobia
Have a look back at some of the phobias mentioned above. Just think how difficult it would be to live with each and every one of them. With a fear of sleeping there is no way you could live a normal life. You would be focussing all your energy on never falling asleep. A fear of speaking would hugely restrict your career options. And sufferers of Phagophobia- the fear of eating- have to be fed through a drip. Over 2.2 million of us have a phobia. Some of these fears can take over and completely control your life.
If you do suffer from any phobia, minor or severe- NLP can help. NLP stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming. NLP helps you learn to take charge of your brain. You can finally control your fears. NLP studies the brains of remarkable people, who have achieved great levels of happiness in their lives and works on imprinting these mind-sets into our own minds to encourage positive thinking. NLP can change your life and erase your phobia for good.
Eilidh MacRae is a writer, blogger and NLP enthusiast. She would recomend Performance Partnership who specialize in NLP to deal with any phobias.