Our diet is one of the major factors of our health status. Generally, people relied so much on medicines and supplements to feel better. Little do we know that we are what we eat! It’s the poor choices of food that is the culprit of our substantial medical bills. It’s about time to go back to the basics – to nurture our body towards unparalleled immunity. Achieve it by doing the following:
- Drink tea every day for your supply of natural antioxidants that prevent the accumulation of free radicals in the bloodstream. Black or green tea is full of flavonoids and polyphenols – antioxidants that can help in protecting the body’s healthy cells from getting damaged.
- Have some fresh spinach from your organic garden. Spinach is a very simple kind of vegetable popularized by Popeye as “super food”. This is due to its natural content of folate, fibers, vitamin C, antioxidants and other essential nutrients that help in building-up a strong immune system.
- Take a non-fat yogurt every day. According to the latest studies of Cleveland clinic, the “live lactobacilli” from yogurt are beneficial in fighting against illnesses that are caused by flu viruses. Yogurt is also a good source of vitamin D.
- Enjoy the benefits of elderberry fruit. This fruit is loaded with antioxidants that are valuable in improving the immune system. It contains elements that are capable of blocking flu viruses attempting to infect the immune system.
- Get multiple benefits from button mushrooms. Mushrooms are not just delicious ingredients for tangy recipes. The essential nutrients in them are really vital for our health. The antioxidants and mineral selenium found in mushrooms are tough protections against flu viruses. They also contain vitamin B (riboflavin and niacin). WebMD health researchers cited that mushrooms are effective antibacterial, antiviral and anti-cancer agents.
- Savor the refreshing taste of watermelon. When you eat a portion of watermelon, you will surely get enough fluids to hydrate your body. Fortunately, watermelon is a lot more than that. It is rich in antioxidants that help strengthen the body’s resistance to viral infection. It has glutathione and vitamin E contents as well that are good in maintaining a healthy skin. The glutathione substance is stored in the red pulpy residue of the watermelon’s flesh near the skin.
- Uphold the essential nutrients of sweet potato. It contains beta-carotene just like carrots. It also has all-natural antioxidants that are equally useful to the body. Beta-carotene will wash away the damaging free radicals in the body thus reducing the risk of having cancer.
- Add broccoli to your home-cooked vegetable dish. Broccoli has natural immunity boosting substances. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and glutathione plus other essential elements that shield the body from sickness and infection.
- Spice up your food with garlic. It has natural immune system boosting substances that are effective in preventing infections. The antioxidants found in it decrease the development of free radicals in the blood thus preventing the existence of cancerous cells.
- Have some Oysters. They are not only known for their immunity boosting ability but they are also effective aphrodisiacs. Their high level content of zinc aids the increase of white blood cell production – enabling the body to aggressively fight against harmful viruses. Zinc deficiency has been linked to men’s infertility.
Male wellness is also enhanced by the above recommendations as an added benefit. However, erectile dysfunctions are not only health-related. They can happen to anyone temporarily due to psychological or emotional stresses.