If you enjoy working out and getting in shape, but don’t have time to hit the gym, then home exercise DVDs might be a great option for you. But there are thousands out there – how do you know which one is the best for you? Surely you’ve seen the infomercials or talked to friends who use exercise DVDs, but how do you know which one will give you results? . Before you invest, take a look at the five DVDs we recommend.
- P90X – Chances are, you’ve seen the commercials for this on Saturday morning television. Tony Horton promises you’ll lose weight and pant sizes with his P90X program. His secret? Muscle confusion. With a variety of different cardio and strength training workouts, Tony Horton helps users shape and mold their bodies. A different “routine” is done every day for three months, hence the 90 days. Combined with the meal plan ideas, this program promises a sleek, slim body for both men and women.
- TaeBo – The TaeBo workout series first became popular in the 1990s and has remained a fun and effective workout. Billy Blanks, the TaeBo founder, combines kick boxing and cardio to create an energetic workout for all fitness levels. The best part is that most of the workouts can be done in about 30 minutes and you can go at your own pace. Ramp up the cardio sections if you’re more advanced or stay low-impact if you are worried about injuring joints.
- Insanity – The Insanity program is deemed to be one of the hardest fitness programs ever put on DVD. Shaun T acts as your personal trainer with these 10 discs as he pushes you past your limits with plyometric drills and intervals of strength, power, resistance and ab and core exercises. Best of all, no equipment is needed to get a tough workout.
- Windsor Pilates – If you prefer a more low-key workout session, but still want to get toned and lose inches, try the Windsor Pilates. With this program, Mari Windsor takes you through a strength training routine based on Pilates principles. It’s low impact, so no need to worry about strain on the knees or back. Her signature workout style features dynamic sequencing to help sculpt the body, all while burning calories.
- Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred – If you’re a fan of the TV show “Biggest Loser,” then you already know who Jillian Micahels is. Jillian has a reputation of being a no-nonsense personal trainer who works contestants on the show to their breaking point, helping people to lose some serious weight. Jillian Michaels brings her signature training style to your living room with 30-day Shred. This program focuses on intervals of short cardio combined with weight training to help you maximize your workout time. In just 20 minutes each day for a month, Jillian promises to help you shrink a size (or two), if you’re willing to put in the work.
Which of these DVDs will you try?