Many women fear being pregnant because their skin is likely to get stretch marks during the process. Of course this is natural, but it is also permanent for many women. Although there’s no way to avoid stretch marks 100% during pregnancy, you can increase your chances of not getting them. It’s important to do this early on, as waiting until last minute probably won’t help you.
Massaging Your Skin
Massaging your skin on a daily basis will not only feel good, but it can also help you avoid those terrible stretch marks. There are massage gloves available that you can purchase, but you can also massage on your own or have a professional do it for you. Put some pure vitamin e oil on your skin before you massage and take your time to do it. This rubbing motion will improve circulation and the glove will help encourage new tissue to grow. This is something that will keep your skin really healthy, so try and do it as frequently as possible.
Starting from when you first find out you are pregnant, moisturize your skin on a daily basis. Try and use lotions that are all-natural, as these are best for your skin and your baby. Ingredients you should look for include: vitamin e, vitamin a, almond oil, plant extracts and shea butter or cocoa butter. All of these ingredients will help your skin remain hydrated and will also ensure that it’s flexible. When your skin is able to stretch, it won’t be likely to develop very many stretch marks.
Yes, you are going to gain weight while you are pregnant. But, if you gain too much weight, you could end up stretching your skin out quite a bit. If you only gain the weight that your doctor recommends, you may be able to avoid a lot of stretch marks and as well as those that are really deep. Your skin is going to stretch, but if you force it to stretch more due to weight gain, there’s nothing you can really do about it.
- Don’t purchase creams or lotions that specifically say they will get rid of or prevent stretch marks. These are likely not to work and may contain ingredients that are dangerous for you to put on your body while pregnant.
- Natural lotions, creams and oils are the best for your skin because they provide natural nourishment. Use these before, during and after your pregnancy to keep your skin looking beautiful.
- Don’t stress out about stretch marks because they are natural and a part of pregnancy. While you can take good care of your skin, don’t do anything that will harm your baby. Your skin may get marks, but that is just a result of carrying a child.
- Have your partner give you a massage when you don’t feel like doing it yourself. This can give you a break and stimulate blood circulation to help prevent skin issues.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: Fotolia
Mary offers her expert advice about skincare and beauty to readers of BeHealthy24.com. This website has tips, tricks and important information to help readers stay looking beautiful.