No matter how hard we try and no matter what we do that truth is aging can and will catch up with you. It will make its presence known on your face and in your bones. But there are a number of things you can do to help reduce the effects of aging. Understanding of the problem and knowledge of treatments can help you to look younger for longer.
Aging – Beyond the Visible
One of the fundamental aspects of aging that go beyond the visible is the change to tissue structure. Proof of these changes is evident at both macroscopic and microscopic levels. These changes are associated with the decline in the tissues ability to function normally and to recover from injury. Age induces a decline in the functional ability of stem cells making them less able to contribute towards the regeneration of tissues.
This is an incredibly important consideration to remember when contemplating drastic beauty treatments such as plastic surgery.
When you are younger your body can recover more fully from invasive procedures; however, when you are older your body on a cellular level will not be able to recover as well in comparison. With this in mind if you are older and you are thinking of investing in beauty treatments to rejuvenate your skin it would be worth opting for gentler treatments.
Non Invasive Skin Tightening Beauty Treatments
There is a number of non invasive skin tightening treatments that you can choose to help rejuvenate and refresh your aging skin.
These treatments are recommended for old patients, to help them get the best results with the least amount of recovery, helping to limit the demand placed on their declining tissues.
- Ablative Fractionated Carbon Dioxide Laser – Ablative fractionated CO2 lasers are gentle on the skin, and this non surgical procedure can create natural looking results with minimal side effects for the patient. Ablative fractionated CO2 lasers work particularly well on the delicate tissues surrounding the eyes. Multiple treatments may be required in order to achieve the desired effect, and the results will not be as long lasting as surgery. However, this procedure will have less impact on your tissues.
- Monopolar Radiofrequency – Monopolar radiofrequency (or the Thermage treatment) is a non surgical procedure that works very well on key facial areas such as the eyes, jaw line and chin. The Thermage treatment can deliver incredible results with minimal distress to the patient, although again it’s very important to appreciate that the results produced by Thermage treatments will not be as dramatic as surgery. Thermage treatments can be repeated every 1 to 3 years to maintain the rejuvenated effect.
- Focused Ultrasound (Ulthera) – The focused ultrasound treatment involves targeting deep skin layers and heating them to a certain temperature to stimulate collagen production. This process will then lift the tissues surrounding the eyes, chins and jaw line. This process normally takes 3 to 4 months for results to appear. However, after the treatment patients have natural looking skin that appears refreshed and rejuvenated.
Stem Cells as a Potential Beauty Solution
Recent research has opened up the possibility for stem cells to be used as part of future beauty treatments.
Before this can take place more research is needed.
- Ongoing research into stem cell research as a beauty treatment will look into the age related changes to tissue structure and the effect this has on the stem cells of an individual. These studies will be carried out across a variety of different tissues.
- Running in conjunction with these studies scientists will also examine which young animals possess the cellular ability to improve and increase tissue-specific stem cell activity. It is hoped that by observing this activity in younger animals answers can be developed that will work for older human adults.
- In order to achieve this, further research will also be carried out to determine what would need to occur to kick start aged stem cells into behaving as if they were much younger.
The aim of all this scientific research is to improve the understanding and practice of regenerative medicine as well as the understanding of human biology as the body ages.
Stem cell research may not be able to help older women right now it could provide promising solutions to future aging individuals.
Author Bio: Jefferey Morgan is a beauty and health expert who keeps contributing his article to various beauty blogs. Also he provides online help from Mebo International Restoration Science for skin problems.