Raw food diets are a phenomenon that has become extremely popular. Most people want to know what they are, how they help a person, what effects they have on a person’s body and what not. To answer all of these questions, these people will need to know everything about raw food diets. So, here are all the things, the factors and aspects regarding both the typical raw food diet and the most common raw foods that the average person needs to know about.
What are raw food diets?
A raw food diet requires a person to eat nothing other than raw foods in order to make sure that their body receives the maximum possible amount of nutrients and that it stays in excellent shape by utilizing all of the nutrients and various beneficial components of raw foods.
What are raw foods?
Most people will define raw foods in a way that the average person may not understand. The simplest definition of raw foods suggests that raw foods are any foods that have not come into contact with or have not been exposed to temperature above 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Why are foods that have come into contact with temperature above 115 degrees Fahrenheit not considered to be raw foods? That is simple! The foods that have been exposed to temperature above 115 degrees Fahrenheitlose lose most of their nutritious components.
When the temperature rises above 115 degrees Fahrenheit, the enzymes that foods contain start to denature which causes the foods to lose most of their nutritious properties. The same goes for foods that have been cooked. A person can obviously not eat meat that is raw or uncooked, which is the reason why meats are not considered to be raw foods. Raw foods mostly refer to fruits and vegetables that, once again, have not been exposed to temperature that exceeds 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why should you choose raw foods?
The answer to this question is quite simple and obvious. The foods that are not raw and have either been cooked or exposed to temperatures above 115 degrees Fahrenheit lose most of their nutritious content. Raw foods, on the other hand, contain the maximum possible amount of nutritious content which will benefit one’s body in many different ways.
The benefits of choosing raw foods
- Raw food diets contain very little or non-saturated fats- Most raw foods do not contain any saturated fats. This means that they will not make a person gain weight.
- Raw food diets are high in potassium, magnesium, fiber and folate- Being high in potassium, magnesium and folate makes raw food diets beneficial for a person’s bones. The fiber that raw food diets contain cleanses and quickens a person’s metabolism.
- Raw food diets are detox diets- Basically, raw food diets are detox diets which means that when a person is on a raw food diet, their liver, kidneys and any other organs that take part in the metabolic process of their body can rest while the raw foods take careof any toxins or impurities in the person’s body.
- Reduced risks of serious illnesses- Raw food diets greatly decrease the risk of serious illnesses such as heart diseases, cancer and diabetes.
- Improved skin- Raw food diets contain many raw foods that help revitalize a person’s skin and improve the skin’s appearance.
- Increased energy- There are many raw foods that can increase the energy a person has when they become a part of their raw food diet.