The rising DUI statistics indicate that almost everyone can be affected by alcohol on some level and at some point. Essentially, alcohol has the potential to devastate a person’s life, from impaired judgment and reckless behavior to health, emotional, financial, and social issues. Below are 7 of the most profound ways that consuming alcohol on a regular and dangerous basis can ruin someone’s life.
1. Impaired mental capacity. The consumption of alcohol can affect immediate judgment and lead to accidents as well as many other health and social problems. Also, alcohol has very direct effects on the brain, causing memory and brain cell loss. This, in turn, contributes greatly to the ability to learn and process knowledge. The inability to learn properly affects every aspect of life. Poor grades can make it impossible to participate in higher learning and acquire a good-paying job.
2. Physical impairment. Alcohol consumption affects the nervous system and can cause a slower reaction, loss of balance, and blurred vision, all of which can contribute to accidents and more serious health problems. Other physical aspects that manifest include impotence, foot, and hand numbness, tremors, and heart and liver diseases. Poor sleep habits connected with alcohol also lead to body and mind imbalances that can become very frustrating and dangerous.
3. Physical injury. Consuming alcohol can cause accident injuries that can range from minor cuts and bruises to broken bones, blindness, damage to internal organs, and even death. This applies to drivers, passengers, and innocent bystanders.
4. Driving under the influence or DUI. These days, legal alcohol limits are low enough so that it does not take much before a person is risking getting a DUI or DWI. For teens, the legal limit is a BAC of just 0.02 percent and for adults, it is 0.08 percent. Legal professionals, law enforcement officers, and lawyers such as NJ DWI attorneys, will be quick to explain the legal ramifications, which include stiff penalties with high fines, jail sentences, and loss of licenses. The high level of injuries and deaths associated with DUI are exponential. The negative personal consequences can be mentally, legally, and emotionally so far-reaching that it can last a lifetime.
5. Financial. The financial effects of injuries, legal costs, and the inability to work can be overwhelming and long-lasting. From fines to jail time and lawsuits, all of this impacts finances in very negative ways, sometimes for the rest of someone’s life. Also, DUI penalties and health problems can affect job performance and lead to loss of income and affect the overall quality of life.
6. Psychological problems. Those who consume alcohol on a regular basis are known to suffer from anxiety, irritability, fear, and aggression. All of these circumstances can make a huge impact on emotions and over time, cause serious irreparable psychological damage. Aggression can also lead to anger management issues that result in anti-social behavior such as physical fighting.
7. Addiction. Consuming alcohol often can easily turn into alcoholism. As alcohol effects start to become habitual, destructive addictions may even begin after ingesting smaller amounts. However, the more alcohol that is consumed, the longer it stays in the bloodstream. The long term effects of alcohol can be shattering in terms of deteriorating health, personal relationships, accidents, and the resultant financial losses.
It can take a lengthy and consistent amount of time and money to attempt to treat health issues associated with alcohol, some of which become so cost prohibitive that they do not ever get resolved. Ongoing problems such as these begin to infiltrate every other part of a person’s life and the lives of their loved ones.
Diets7 years ago
Gluten Free Diet – Is It For Everyone?
Health8 years ago
Silent Killers That Are Negatively Affecting Your Health Every Day – And What You Can Do About Them
Health7 years ago
A List Of The Health Benefits Of Alkaline Water
Health2 years ago
5 Ways to Overcome a Sugar Addiction
Health8 years ago
Are Silver Fillings Bad for Your Health?
Health2 years ago
Herbs That Will Help You Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
Nutrition7 years ago
10 Cancer Healing Foods
Beauty3 weeks ago
Silver Jewelry – A Step Towards Health and Beauty