Did you know that our body is about 70% water?
The first thing every health and wellness site says to do when starting a diet is to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. But why? What is so important about the water that you need to drink it every day? How does water aid in your weight loss?
Here are 10 reasons :)
1. Hydration. Nothing tastes better than a glass of cool water after a hard workout. Hydration is key to help to keep our bodies temperatures regulated.
2. Digestion. Water is a key component when it comes to your body properly digesting food. Water helps to remove toxins and waste once the food has been digested.
3. Thirst. Oftentimes, people mistake hunger for being thirsty. Next time you are hungry, drink a large glass of water to see if you are truly hungry or just thirsty :)
4. Calories. Water has no calories! An 8oz cup of soda can have as many as 150 calories in it.
5. Constipation. Water helps keep your body from becoming constipated.
6. Metabolism. Water helps to regulate your metabolism.
7. Fullness. Water helps you to feel full which in return results in you eating less. By simply drinking a glass of water before each meal, you are less likely to overeat.
8. Skin. Water does wonders for your skin. By drinking adequate amounts of water, your body becomes hydrated on both the inside and outside resulting in less dry skin.
9. Energy. By adequately supplying your body with the proper amount of water, you are allowing all your organs to function properly which in return means your body doesn’t have to work as hard. This results in you having more energy to do the things you enjoy.
10. Life. The most important reason to drink water is to live!