Honey is considered as the healthiest and most beneficial alternative for sugar. This sugary solution has lots of health benefits apart from being a natural energy booster. Aside from that, it can be more beneficial when combined with other food products. Lots of people are interested in knowing the exact amount contained in honey. A tablespoon of honey contains about 60 calories, but this is for raw honey. Meaning the amount could change depending on the brand.
Other Nutrients in Honey
Aside from the fact that all the calories contained in honey come from sugar or carbohydrates, there are other nutrients contained in this sugary solution. Honey also contains vitamin C, water, essential minerals, enzymes and amino acids. The isolated minerals contain in honey include magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, selenium, phosphorous, manganese and selenium among others. Aside from that, it also contains traces of propolis, which is the primary source of its antimicrobial benefits.
Benefits of Honey
As mentioned, honey can provide you with various health benefits. The nine amazing health benefits of honey include the following:
1. Since it contains propolis, which has natural antimicrobial properties, it is beneficial for those who are suffering from sore throat. It can provide the throat with a soothing relief. When combined with ginger juice, honey can be used as a great remedy against cold conditions.
2. Honey is also beneficial in case you are suffering from allergies. Consuming honey on a daily basis can help boost the body’s immune system which can also help for curing allergy conditions.
3. Honey is also beneficial in healing wounds. In case you grazed or cut your skin, you can apply honey into it and wrap it with a bandage to hasten the healing process.
4. You can also use honey if you want your hair to become bouncy and shiny. You do not have to resort to expensive conditioners and all the chemicals contained in it if you have honey at home. You can simply add a teaspoon of it in a mug of water and use it on your hair.
5. Honey is also beneficial for individuals with stomach problems. It could also help ease digestion and relieve constipation. This is also helpful in reducing fats in the body and in cleansing the intestines.
6. This sugary substance can also help purify your blood. Simply consume half a teaspoon of honey with a glass of warm water. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice to it and consume it every morning.
7. Honey can also be used if you want to maintain the health of your skin. You can use this as a natural mask for your face to make it look healthier and with a natural glow.
8. If you are experiencing sleep problems, you can resort to honey for this, as it could calm you down by acting as a mild sedative.
9. Lastly, honey is also helpful in soothing and speeding up the healing process of stomach and mouth ulcers.
As you can see, honey is beneficial for the body due to its natural medicinal properties. However, if you really want to reap the health benefits of this sugary substance, it would be best to opt for raw honey instead of the processed one. This is because the latter is usually devoid of nutrients; hence it might not be able to provide you with all the nine amazing health benefits of honey that you are looking for.
Roger is a health expert that advocates the use of medical alert systems that will help seniors in case they face any medical issues.