Becoming a model is a dream that many girls in UK cherish, albeit all do not succeed. Yes, as statistics show, modeling today is a highly treaded profession in the country, but reaching the pinnacle of it entails aspirants to abide by certain rules of the industry without which, it’s difficult. And rightly so! History shows that the ones who have been smart enough to take into their stride such rules and stuck by them in their careers have come out victorious mostly. Those who have chosen to ignore them on the other hand have generally failed to build their desirable careers successfully. So? What should be your take in becoming a model?
Well, if you are one of the smarter ones, we need not really tell you which way you need to go. Holding the hands of a UK model agency while stepping into this platform can surely bring you good results in tow and equip you with all the necessary ingredients to pass with flying colors in all the tests that you take. In fact, you should register (for free) with a good one almost as soon as you come to realize that modeling is your forte. It’s the best place to get-
- Career tips
- Beauty tips
- Grooming tips
- Modeling Tips
- Photo-shoot tips
- Interview tips
Before becoming a model ask yourself-
- Do you really have what it takes to become a model?
- Are you ready to work hard to make it your career?
- Do you have the right professional attitude towards modeling?
- Do you know that expert advice can make a lot of difference to your career?
If your answers are YES for the above questions then surely modeling is the bandwagon you need to get into. Hop on.
Approaching the career
- Check your vital statistics and looks – if these match the UK modeling criterions and the necessary prerequisites then go ahead and take the next step, i.e. approach a UK modeling agency of repute. Registration is free, you get the best shots of advice and tips here, and although they do not actively find you jobs in the industry, they arm you with the best tools to find them out for yourself.
- Registering with such a website would require you to provide photographs, which you can get clicked by a pro. In the absence of a pro, your friend can click a couple of them for you. You require 2 shots usually – one head shot and one, a full-body shot.
- Get a portfolio assembled from the experts in the industry. Choose a service which has the best industry professionals on board – even if it’s a wee bit more expensive than the mundane, it will get you good results eventually.
- Select the genre of modeling you would like to embrace for becoming a model first – fashion modeling, fitness modeling, catalog modeling, plus-size modeling – and then chalk out your career path.
Benefits would include lots of money, name, fame, travel, excitement and glamour, but only if you abide by all the rules diligently and embrace modeling with 100% professionalism.
Dalton Smith is an online author working for UK Models, a premium model management company.