Your smile is the first thing that people notice about you and it is therefore the first impression that they get. So, in order to make sure you make the best first impression and you have a perfect smile you really should consider porcelain veneers to give you perfect teeth.
As people get older their teeth tend to become discolored and wear and tear causes teeth to become chipped or broken. This makes people feel less confident about their appearance and can sometimes make them want to hide out of sight because they’re embarrassed about how they look. Porcelain veneers are a simple and easy solution to treat uneven, discolored, and broken teeth. Porcelain veneers are a thin layer – made of porcelain – that is fixed onto the teeth, they’re used to treat all sorts of oral problems that can affect someone’s appearance.
Some of the main advantages of veneers are that they are durable, stain-resistant, sturdy, natural-looking, and they don’t cause gum problems.
- Durable: Although they are only a really thin layer over the tooth they are extremely durable. They are also more resilient to breaking and chipping compared to tooth bonding (uses a strong plastic to bond to the tooth) which can be used to treat the same problems as veneers.
- Stain-resistant: Porcelain veneers are great for the coffee and red wine addicts out there as any stain-causing agents simply roll off the porcelain. This is due to the fact that it is a ceramic – used to make crockery – and it wouldn’t be too great if your plates got stained from your food. This means that once veneers have been fitted no matter what you eat or drink, or what time you eat and drink, your teeth will remain pearly whites.
- Natural: The teeth already have a natural white layer on them called enamel; enamel, however, can be lost over time due to eating and drinking things that contain a lot of acids, along with many other reasons. Veneers cannot be corroded by food and drink, and their natural look makes them even more appealing compared to other forms of whitening or tooth treatments.
- Sturdy: Porcelain veneers can handle a lot before they break or chip; in fact, they’re actually better than real teeth in terms of withstanding harsh conditions.
- Gum problems: Porcelain veneers also cause fewer gum problems compared to any other treatment. This is thought to be because of the smooth nature of the porcelain, this makes the veneers easier for the gums to accept without any problems.
As you can see there are plenty of benefits to having porcelain veneers fitted and they’re probably the longest-lasting treatment along with being the treatment that will cause you the least number of problems.