Acid reflux and nausea are generally triggered off when the esophagus muscles fail to work. Once the food is moved from esophagus to the stomach the lower esophageal sphincter closes the stomach. When a malfunction occurs in the working of the muscles the stomach acid flows in the upper area of the esophagus and causes nausea. The acid reflux may also be termed as heartburn. Moreover nausea is actually a symptom of acid reflux. Hiatal hernia may also contribute to acid influx. When a person is suffering from a severe acid reflux he may even experience blood in the vomit or stool. A strange phenomenon is that sometimes hiccups, coughing or hoarseness are also caused by acid reflux.
Some Common Factors of Acid Influx one Usually Ignores
Sometimes a person sleeps immediately after eating the food that can trigger of the reflux condition in the stomach. Moreover spicy foods are the biggest threat to people who face the acid reflux issue often. Caffeinated beverages and alcohol also has a role to play in this health condition. Sometimes obesity and pregnancy may also contribute to the problem.
Discovering the Healing Powers of Mother Nature
One should not immediately run for serious medication. It has to be remembered that every medicine has got side effects. The best thing is to nip the evil in the bud and treat the problem at an early stage using home remedies.
- Ginger has got natural healing powers. It can absorb the acid in the stomach and even calm the nerves. Ginger capsules are easily available at nutritional stores. One can consume a ginger tablet after dinner.
- Fennel seeds are more than an aromatic herb. It can actually stop the gastrointestinal tract spasms. Anethole is a compound present in the fennel seeds and it is responsible for stopping the spasms. Half a teaspoon of fennel seeds should be taken and chewed well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can counter the acid reflux well. One teaspoon of Apple Cider vinegar should be added to half a glass of water. This should be consumed during dinner.
- Lavender and anise tea is a wonder healing tea. It actually reduces the acid in the stomach. Equal quantity of anise and lavender should be mixed together. Approximately two and a half cups of water should be boiled and then the mixture should be added to the boiled water. The mixture should be allowed to sit for about three to five minutes. The tea should be strained and a little bit of honey can be added as a natural sweetener. 8oz of this tea should be consumed every morning and evening to get rid of acid reflux and nausea.
Dangerous Repercussions of Ignoring Acid Reflux
No problem should be left untreated. Acid influx that has prolonged for a long period of time and is left untreated can cause tissue damage in the esophagus and bleeding ulcers.
Health is Wealth
Health is priceless and should be valued. One should definitely try using the natural remedies at the initial stage. However, a physician should be consulted if there is no improvement in the condition.
- License: Image author owned
Gail Burton is an alternative health and nutrition specialist. She loves to write for various natural health websites and blogs such as HomeRemediesLog.com where you will a lot more information and natural remedies for acid reflux and heartburn.