Nobody likes having blemishes on their skin. It’s one of those things that seem should be easily manageable, but as time has proven, it is difficult to manage. Acne and pimples can easily ruin a person’s day, week, or for some that suffer from severe acne, their life.
So to help those that are suffering from this, here are the top 5 things that everyone should avoid doing when trying clear up their skin. So without further ado, here they are:
1. Avoid Picking Your Skin: This is perhaps the most common mistake people make. They are tired of seeing acne, and so begin picking and scratching in their vain attempt to remove it. Though this only causes further problems in the future. You may be removing the pimple now, but the process only allows for scares to be created, and further irritation of the skin. It may be difficult to avoid, sort of like an itch you want to scratch. But you must be reserved enough to avoid it, less you want to deal with scars and potholes in the future.
2. Stop Stressing And Worrying: It’s well known the negative effects on the body due to stress. People even realize this can create pimples, but do nothing to reduce their stress. If you notice more acne arising than normal, reflect for a minute. If you realize you are stressed, rather than finding a new way to clear your skin, perhaps try doing something relaxing first. Try to resolve the stress you feel, and your skin may very well clear up a bit.
3. Avoid Drying Your Skin Out: It often misunderstood that by drying your skin out you will be drying out the oils, which in turn reduces acne. A common drying tactic is to use toothpaste on pimples. The problem is that by drying your skin out, you are forcing it to produce more oils to protect your skin and moisturize. The sun is another culprit in this realm. Direct sunlight has tremendous drying effects, so if you are going to be in the sun, be sure to wear sunscreen, which will also help to moisturize.
4. Don’t Over Wash Your Face: By over-washing your face, you are potentially allowing for two negative effects to occur. One is that you will be drying your skin out, which was already discussed. The other is that by excessively washing, you will end up irritating your acne, which will cause further breakouts to occur.
5. Be Mindful Of What You Eat: Remember the old adage that you are what you eat. But there are foods, which can cause acne beyond the greasy type. The rule of thumb here is that sugar is generally bad. You want to avoid foods that contain sugars, even natural sugars, which include fruits. Decreasing your sugar intake will likely have great a great effect on your skin. Nuts also cause acne, and certain people are just sensitive to certain foods.
Being mindful of the foods you eat, and how those foods affect you, may take a little investigating. But you can generally tell if your body enjoys certain foods over others. After eating a whole bag of chips or ice cream, you may have quelled your insatiable and gluttonous won’t, but your body is probably not going to be happy. Watching your diet will not only help to clear up your skin but will make you feel better overall. So in the end, it’s a win-win.
Hopefully, these 5 tips will help some people keep the blemish monster at bay, and keep your skin looking clear and beautiful. In the least, they certainly will not hurt.
Diets7 years ago
Gluten Free Diet – Is It For Everyone?
Health8 years ago
Silent Killers That Are Negatively Affecting Your Health Every Day – And What You Can Do About Them
Health7 years ago
A List Of The Health Benefits Of Alkaline Water
Health2 years ago
5 Ways to Overcome a Sugar Addiction
Health8 years ago
Are Silver Fillings Bad for Your Health?
Health2 years ago
Herbs That Will Help You Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
Nutrition7 years ago
10 Cancer Healing Foods
Beauty3 weeks ago
Silver Jewelry – A Step Towards Health and Beauty