Honestly, these are not all groundbreaking secrets. In fact, many people have heard all of these tips at one time or another. But, people still can’t seem to manage to do more than a few of them at a time. That is why so many people aren’t ripped.
Is it that simple? Yes, it is. A proper diet, along with some regular cardio, can get you a beautiful lean look. But it takes perseverance and consistency along with these top points.
Fat Loss Top 10
- Be active every day. Ideally, you should aim for at least an hour of higher than average activity (more than just walking). This doesn’t just mean cardio but also includes a weight workout or even playing some light sports or tag with your kids.
- Mix up your cardio routines to keep your body guessing. The body can adapt to cardio like it can to a weight workout. To keep your training as productive as possible, make sure to shake things up regularly.
- Get a full night’s sleep every night! Your body will be worried that something is wrong if you get less than optimum rest, plus you can’t recover properly. On top of that, lack of sleep can increase stress, which harms weight loss.
- Plan ahead for meals you eat each day. If you don’t plan out your meals, then how will you know if you are getting the proper amount of calories (not too few, not too many) to meet your goals?
- Always have realistic goals. Psychologically if you have unrealistic goals, then it will harm your psyche when you don’t meet them. Realistic goals have the opposite effect, inspiring confidence when you meet or exceed them.
- Raw foods rule. Fruits, nuts, and veggies are best when unprocessed and unrefined.
- Go all out during cardio sessions. Your training should be challenging and intense if you want to see results!
- Junk food has got to go (most of the time). A little cheating now and again is okay, but otherwise, that junk will continually drag you down.
- Alcohol should be minimal. See the above note for junk food.
- Protein is the cornerstone of your diet plan. Along with building muscle, protein fills you up. The more full you feel, the less likely you are to overeat carbohydrates and excess fats.
As you can see, this list is not overly groundbreaking. But these ten practical ideas, when used together, can quickly lead to diet success and result in consistent weight/fat loss until you reach your goal.