Ashtanga yoga is one of the most accepted forms of yoga in Australia. You can practice Ashtanga yoga in Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane or any other location of Australia, but it should always be under the care of a yoga expert. This article provides information about various poses and advantages of Ashtanga yoga.
Ashtanga yoga has become one of the most popular as well as well-admired systems of yoga in Australia recently. You will find reliable yoga centers offering programs in Ashtanga yoga in Sydney, Gold Coast, Melbourne or other states of the country. However, most of us still do not have proper idea about this ancient yoga form. It is an eight-fold path towards our complete well-being, which incorporates a sequence of movements (named ‘asanas’). It strengthens our internal systems as well as provides us absolute stability by producing adequate warmth within our body.
Different poses of Ashtanga yoga
Almost all yoga forms that are practiced in Australia such as Ananda yoga in Perth, Kripalu yoga in Melbourne, Bikram yoga in Brisbane city etc. have certain postures. But when it comes to the Ashtanga yoga, you can never expect the same. Various poses of this yoga style are clustered together into sequence to a certain extent. Also, complete expertise should be achieved in every stage before jumping to the next one. The poses practiced during Ashtanga yoga are described below:
· ‘Sun Salutation’ or ‘Surya Namaskar’ – This is the first step of Ashtanga yoga. These ‘hatha yoga asanas’ are performed in order to initiate the longer yoga series perfectly.
· Standing postures – After Surya Namaskar, specific standing postures are practiced. There are six such standing poses which act as the foundation of all successive postures.
· Four series – A yoga practitioner who has successfully mastered the aforementioned six standing poses needs to follow the primary series (Yoga Chikitsa), the intermediate series (Nadi Shodana), the advanced A series and B series (Sthira Bhaga) respectively.
· Finishing positions – These final poses serve as the concluding part of the Ashtanga yoga practice session.
Benefits of Ashtanga Yoga
Being an extremely beneficial form of personal training, Ashtanga yoga is often considered as an absolute fitness program. Several advantages of practicing Ashtanga are:
- This form of yoga helps us improve our flexibility on the whole. It also boosts up our resilience and stamina.
- Our mind and soul are influenced by Ashtanga yoga to a large extent. By practicing this yoga form, we can achieve a calm and peaceful state of mind.
- A toned and well-built physique is another great advantage of Ashtanga yoga. It means you can increase your strength highly while staying lean.
- Developing muscular strength has become easier with the proper practice of Ashtanga yoga. Once your muscles get stronger, you become more fit and healthy.
- This particular yoga form is also helpful in effective weight management.
You can choose to practice Ashtanga yoga in Sydney, Perth, Canberra or any other state of Australia as per your convenience, but taking the help of a proficient yoga guru is of greatest importance. Otherwise, you might mess up with the outcomes.