The dissertation work for the acquisition of academic and medical degree “doctor” have to incorporate clinically utilized study results, that signify an original involvement with science.
The task should indicate that the applicant possess a comprehensive academic knowledge of the pertinent specialty and talent to perform unbiased analysis.
Dissertation is devoted to a complex and comprehensive clarification of a particular scientific or scientifically applied problem and it is not allowed to present mechanically unified dissemination studies as a dissertation.
It is developed within the framework of doctoral research in full-time or part-time form or as a self-study PhD that necessarily includes a research and educational components.
The results of the research included in the dissertation must be reflected in at least two scientific journal publications (printed or accepted for printing and being certified with a document from the editor or publisher), where the applicant should be an author of at least one posting. For post-graduate studies, at least one publication is required to be printed or accepted for printing in an international journal with an impact factor.
Upon entering the post-doctoral form of study, the doctoral student must submit an annotated application to the scientific supervisor and the council for the subject. The annotated application contains a brief justification of the requested topic of one standard page with the stated objectives and tasks and a basic bibliography on the subject. Within six months from the beginning of the doctoral study period, the doctoral candidate, the research supervisor and the department should make a motivated proposal for the subject and the main directions of the dissertation work and an individual curriculum for the respective faculty council.
When submitting the dissertation thesis for a departmental discussion, the PhD student must demonstrate the following knowledge and skills in his / her text:
- Formulate and construct a logical thesis
- To study and systematize existing literature
- Compiling a detailed standard bibliography on the selected topic
- Applying an adequate methodology to the study
The aim of the dissertation should be precisely and specifically formulated, and the stages of the study presented as separate tasks. A clear and concise presentation of a research problem, together with a set of well-defined scientific hypotheses, assumptions, or questions that the study should make, should be made. Since the determination of the most appropriate methods is not always easy, PhD students should be able to justify the chosen method with appropriate motivation to each particular case.
The dissertation may have a mixed methodology using methods of different scientific fields. PhD students should demonstrate that the methods used are chosen through a deliberate reflection process and that the criteria as well as the positive and negative aspects of the individual choice of a method are well defined. The collected and processed materials, as well as the sequence of the dissertation studies should be precisely and accurately described so as to allow a clear understanding of the nature of the research carried out and their future reproduction by other scientists.
- The results obtained must be exhaustive and accurately described so that they can be shown to be sufficient to perform the tasks assigned;
- Any problem in the analysis should be identified and an appropriate solution proposed;
- In quantitative studies, PhD students should also provide for a proper statistical assessment of the problem by analyzing reliability, measurement errors and sources of deviation;
- PhD students should understand the assumptions they make and interpret the statistical tests or tests used;
- Where appropriate, PhD students should demonstrate imagination and analytics in identifying and analyzing properties or data that may or may not have been predicted;
- The analysis must be clearly related to the formulated hypotheses, assumptions or scientific questions, which form the part of the presented research problem;
- PhD students must be able to prove their decision in the summary of key data within the text, to identify basic and secondary data;
- The data should be presented in a well-structured way (tables, figures, graphs, clinical results, studies, tests, chromatograms, X-rays and other similar visual data sources) with a clear sequence;
In summary, PhD students should be able to demonstrate WHY each analysis is performed and WHAT the data analysis tells us.
Diets7 years ago
Gluten Free Diet – Is It For Everyone?
Health8 years ago
Silent Killers That Are Negatively Affecting Your Health Every Day – And What You Can Do About Them
Health7 years ago
A List Of The Health Benefits Of Alkaline Water
Health2 years ago
5 Ways to Overcome a Sugar Addiction
Health8 years ago
Are Silver Fillings Bad for Your Health?
Health2 years ago
Herbs That Will Help You Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
Nutrition7 years ago
10 Cancer Healing Foods
Beauty3 weeks ago
Silver Jewelry – A Step Towards Health and Beauty