Many dentistry procedures are now available today, dental implant is one of them which not only involve scientific discovery, research and understanding but also has various applications in clinical practice. Dental Implant is a surgery that replaces tooth root with metal and also replaces damaged and missing teeth with artificial teeth that looks and function like the original one. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed and removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
Dental implants can be used to support a number of dental prosthesis including crowns, implant- supported bridges or dentures. Dental implants Irvine have various steps involved such as:
- Let’s start with beginning, dental implants are secured in the jawbone and the tooth root is replaced with metal like titanium which is light weight, biocompatible (not rejected by the body or compatible to body) and strong. This stage consists of surgically buying the implant and at the end overlying gum has been removed.
- After this at second stage, there is minor surgical exposure of the top of the implant, whereby the dentist will connect some form of post which penetrates through the gum into the mouth and known as abutment.
- Than gum is allowed to heal around the abutment and abutment must be protected from the chewing forces during this period. Once it has been tested for the successful integration, last stage comes.
- Restorative step is the last stage in which fabricating and connecting of prosthetic teeth has been done to the successfully osseointegrated implants.
Dental surgery depends on the types of the implant and the condition of your jawbone but most of them have same surgical procedure. In addition dental implant has various advantages and the main benefit is that it gives support to your new teeth. Other advantages are:
- Helps in easy eating as dental implants Glendale behave like natural teeth and allow you to eat your favorite food.
- Dental implants are designed like your own teeth and help in improve appearance after become permanent.
- It allows you to speak clearly without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Eliminates the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Apart from providing comfort, implants are very durable and will last many years.
- Some can last a lifetime, if properly cared
Dental implant Irvine has very high success rate i.e. 98% and with proper care can be last for lifetime. The main factor that shows its success rate is the achievement and maintenance of the implant stability. At last they become the part of you and can give you back your smile with confident and make you feel better about yourself.