Besides controlling your weight, exercise has many benefits to your health. It can help ward off heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers. It can also strengthen your muscles and bones, and improve your mental health, mood, and sleeping patterns. With so many benefits to exercise, it is no wonder that so many people are trying harder to eat right and be consistent in their health routines.
However, a major road block that people come up against is time. Who has time to go to the gym? If you find you are short on time for exercise, one way to save valuable minutes is to invest in gym equipment to use in your own home. We have some excellent suggestions to help you decide what type of equipment will work best for you.
A cardio workout can be done easily inside of your own home with some simple equipment. From jump roping to using an elliptical machine, your cardio workout can be right at the tips of your fingers.
- Old school boxers knew the benefits of this simple exercise. Only ten minutes of jumping rope can burn tons of calories, equivalent to jogging at about an 8 mile per hour pace. It’s portable, cheap, and you can jump rope pretty much anywhere.
- Another great cardio workout can be from using your own elliptical. It is easy on the joints, but still a fantastic calorie burner.
- Treadmills are popular because of the wide range of speeds and terrain programmed into the unit. No need to worry about traffic or bad weather; with a treadmill you can walk, jog, or sprint anytime without worry.
Looking to build up your muscles? Here are some suggested items to use at home.
- Medicine Balls are great for those who don’t want to mess around with machines and want a total body workout. You can design workouts which include curls, push-ups, lunges, and squats.
- Adjustable dumbbells are convenient for changing the weights easily. All you do is turn a dial!
- If you are seriously into weight lifting, then purchasing a weight lifting bench is a good idea. It is best to buy a bench with adjustable positions to help you keep correct form while lifting free weights.
As you get older, it is important to work on flexibility. A mat or a foam roller will be a great addition to your at-home gym for comfort while working on stretching. These products can also be used for doing sit ups, push-ups, crunches, or other ab workouts. A good mat is also needed for yoga, which is used to help promote flexibility as well as good muscle tone, balance, and maintain a healthy metabolism.
The best home workout equipment are the products that you use consistently, and fit your personal needs, abilities, schedule, and budget. Exercise is defined as any movement that is designed to make your muscles work and your body to burn calories. Working out at home saves you time and money. The more convenient it is for you to work out, the more likely you will succeed in your health goals.