Asthma is a lung disease, in which your breathing becomes difficult. More specifically, asthma is created by the obstruction of the airflow in your lungs, which can be acute or chronic.
Let’s take a look at top 15 home remedies for asthma that you can easily implement at home for a healthy respiratory system.
Being included in the list of the home remedies for asthma, ginger has shown itself as a useful ingredient to treat inflammation and stave off the contraction in the airway.
- Mix well ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey together. Use this mixture to consume several times a day.
- Alternatively, you can make use of grounded ginger by mixing it with some water. Consume the mixture before bed.
- Cut a ginger into small slices and put it in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for some minutes then strain. After it cool down, consume the tea slowly.
- You can also eat raw ginger with a pinch of salt.
2. Mustard Oil
If you have intention to make natural remedies for asthma, do not skip mustard oil. The ingredient is highly effective in keeping the passages of respiratory systems clean. Therefore, you can resume your normal breathing when asthma happens.
- Warm some mustard oil and camphor up.
- Use the mixture to massage your chest and upper back.
- Repeat this a few times daily until you see improvement.
Figs are not really popular as a fruit but it is well known for precious properties that can make an excellent home remedy for asthma, helping you to instantly reduce the symptoms of condition. Specifically, the fruit is able to enhance the health of respiratory system, reduce phlegm as well as breathing difficulty.
- Soak some dried figs in water and leave them overnight.
- Consume the figs and water as well in the net morning.
- Do this daily for a few months to improve and prevent the condition.
Garlic has always been a good friend of human as it is not only a delicious spice but also a useful ingredient use in various treatments, including home remedies for asthma. In this case, garlic works effectively to remove the congestion and take back the normal breathing for sufferers.
- Put some cloves of garlic to a cup of milk and boil it.
- After several minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool down then consume.
Garlic is also proven to be extremely effective against diseases related to oral health.
Another ingredient used to make natural treatments of asthma is coffee. Apparently, the caffeine in coffee acts as a bronchodilator and contributes to the reduction of asthma. Furthermore, a cup of hot coffee is effective in clearing and relaxing the airway to eliminate breathing difficulties.
Despite the fact that coffee is beneficial for patients of asthma, it should not be consumed over than 3 times a day to avoid adverse effects.
6. Eucalyptus Oil
Another oil you can use to make home remedies for asthma is eucalyptus oil due to its decongestant property, which is believed to break down mucus in respiratory system.
- Put some drops of eucalyptus oil in a paper towel or your pillow so as to inhale the aroma of the oil during sleep.
- Alternatively, add some drops of the oil into a bowl of boiling water and inhale the steam from it.
If you are looking for a way to treat asthma without using medication, do not skip the home remedies for asthma made from honey.
- The simplest way you can make use of honey is to inhale its smell.
- Besides, you should consume the solution of honey and hot water 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, mix honey with cinnamon in the ratio of 2:1 and consume before bed.
Onion is an ingredient with strong anti-inflammatory property, which makes it a perfect home remedy for asthma. By reducing the inflammation, onion can reduce the constriction in the airway.
To make use of this ingredient, consume it raw whenever asthma attacks or add it into your daily meal.
Citrus fruit, especially lemon is extremely beneficial for those with symptoms of asthma. This is thank to the antioxidants as well as the vitamins in the fruit that helps to increase immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Get the juice from a lemon and mix it with some water. To improve the taste, you can add sugar or honey into the solution. Do this several times a day to avoid the condition.
- You can also consume other fresh citrus fruit like oranges, grapefruit, etc.
10. Carom Seeds
In case of mild condition, you can use carom seeds to make natural remedies for asthma. The seeds are highly effective in acting as bronchodilator to ease and expand the bronchial tubes in the lungs.
- Boil some carom seeds. Inhale the steam and consume the water after it cools down.
- Wrap some carom seeds in a piece of clean cloth then use microwave to warm it up. Put the hot cloth on you chest and neck for several minutes until it cools down.
Cloves are among the best ingredients on the list of home remedies for asthma.
- Put some cloves into a bowl of boiling water.
- Let it steep for some minutes then consume.
- You can add some honey to improve the taste.
Fishes have always been healthy foods you should consume at least 3 times a week as it is beneficial for your health and can prevent various ailments. In this case, fishes make a perfect home remedy for asthma as it can reduce the symptoms as well as accelerate the healing. Alternatively, you can consume fish oil instead if you wish.
13. Bitter Gourd
To make home remedies for asthma from bitter gourd, get the juice from it and mix with honey. After that, grind some basil leaves to make a paste and add into the solution. Consume this mixture regularly to avoid the attack of asthma and improve the condition.
14. Indian Gooseberry
Being included in the list of home remedies for asthma, Indian gooseberry is able to provide you a quick relief from the breathing difficulties by clearing the airway and relaxing whole respiratory system.
Besides consume the fruit raw, you can crush some of them and mix with honey for consumption.
Last but not least, parsley is another effective home remedy for asthma that you should take into consideration. Apparently, the herb can give you a helping hand in eliminating the congestion in chest and soothing the throat.
The simplest way to make use of the herb is making tea of parsley.
Image Credits: Flickr