Scabies is a contagious skin condition, which is caused by a virus called Sarcoptes Scabiei. Accordingly, patients of scabies catch the disease through contact with other sufferers or their personal items. The common symptoms of scabies include blisters and red pumps, soreness and pain, rash and even skin scratching.
Although scabies is not dangerous to health but it possibly leads to other severer condition if it is not treated properly. It is undeniable that scabies cannot completely disappear without the help of medication. However, to stimulate the treatments of scabies as well as minimize the adverse effects of chemical products, you’d better combine other treatments using natural and available ingredients.
Here are top 14 home remedies for scabies that can help quickly address the problem.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is an inevitable ingredient in many families due to its multifunction, especially for health purposes. In this case, Aloe Vera makes a perfect home remedies for scabies by using its natural elements to promptly ease the symptoms and help you completely get rid of it. Another interesting fact of Aloe Vera is it has ability to promote the healing process of the skin, giving you chance to quickly get back the healthy skin.
- Get the gel inside an Aloe Vera leaf and apply directly on the area.
- Wait in 30 minutes then wash off with clean water.
- Do this 2-3 times daily to improve the condition.
2. Tee Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is among the most powerful home remedies for scabies as it is able to relieve the symptoms of eliminate the virus instantly. This is the reason why tea tree oil has been used since ancient time to assist a countless number of people to deal with the condition.
- Use some drops of tea tree oil to apply topically onto the affected skin.
- Leave it there for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally wash off with water.
3. Clove Oil
Clove oil is loaded with various substances that contain antibacterial properties. Accordingly, it can be used as a great ingredient for a treatment of scabies, in which the oil can eliminate the virus and fungi causing the symptoms and alleviate the irritation.
- Mix well olive oil and coconut oil in the ratio of 1:4
- Use the mixture to apply on the patchy skin and leave it there to dry naturally.
- Finally, rinse off with water.
- Do this 2-3 times a day in 2 weeks and you will receive the positive result.
Clove oil is also a common home remedy which is very effective against common daily problems.
4. Neem Oil
Neem oil is believed to have impacts on virus as it inhibits the growth and development of this harmful organism. Due to the fact that neem oil is safe for human, it becomes a trusted ingredient used to make a great home remedy for scabies.
- To make use of the oil, simply apply it onto the affected skin.
- Leave it for a few minutes then wash off with warm water.
- Do this several times a days until the condition improves.
Zinc has been found with the ability to improve the condition of scabies by boosting immune system and inhibiting the activities of virus, preventing the spread of the condition. Accordingly, it is worth to make a home remedy for scabies from zinc.
- Use zinc powder to mix with a little warm water. Then you get a paste.
- Use the paste to apply onto the affected area then cover with a bandage.
- After a few hours, remove the bandage and rinse off with water
- Repeat the steps a few times a day to receive the best result.
One of the most valuable substances in onion is quercetin, which can ease the pain and other annoying symptoms of scabies. Besides, onion also possesses a relatively high amount of organosulfur compounds that can stimulate the healing process of the skin tissues.
- Cut an onion into pieces then mix them with salt.
- Apply the mixture onto the irritated skin.
- Leave it there fore at least 30 minutes before washing off.
- Do this 2-3 times daily until you see improvement
7. Bush Tea
Do not miss bush tea on the list of home remedies for scabies since it can make a really simple and effective treatment. Containing so powerful anti-inflammatory properties, bush tea is able to provide you a quick relief from annoying symptoms and eliminate the virus.
- Put some bush tea leaves into a pot of water then boil it.
- Let it cool down a little bit, strain and enjoy the tea.
- You can also add honey to improve the taste.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times daily
More than a common spice, cayenne also gets a strong power to deal with symptoms of scabies. By applying this ingredient, you can instantly eliminate the virus and annoying symptoms of the condition without worrying about adverse effect.
- Use cayenne to directly apply onto the affected areas and leave it for a few minutes..
- Alternatively, mix cayenne powder with a little water to get a paste then apply it to the patchy skin.
- Leave it there for a few minutes before washing off.
9. White Vinegar
Vinegar is an ample source of acetic acid that is well known for the ability to eliminate the virus causing skin problems. Accordingly, you should consider using vinegar to make a treatment of scabies if you are suffering from it.
- Dilute white vinegar in clean water.
- Spray it onto the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Finally wash off with warm water
If you are suffering from scabies, do not rush to be scared since you can easily treat the condition with a treatment with rosemary. Basically, rosemary contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help to inhibit the growth of virus. Furthermore, it can ease the irritating sensation and promote the healing process of the skin.
Put some rosemary in a pot of water then boil it
- Leave it for some minutes to cool down.
- Use the liquid to gently apply on the affected skin.
- Leave it there for some minutes then wash off
11. Lavender Oil
Another treatment of scabies needs lavender oil to be implemented.
- Mix lavender oil and olive oil with equal amount.
- Apply the mixture on the infected skin.
- Leave it there for some minutes then wash off.
12. Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide
A less popular treatment of scabies is borax and hydrogen peroxide. In fact, this combination works as effectively as other home remedies for scabies without any adverse effect. Basically, these two ingredients are able to eliminate bacteria and virus and when they are combined together, they work better than anything else.
- Mix borax and hydrogen peroxide together in the same amount then add them to a bathtub.
- Soak body in there and relax for at least 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off again with clean water.
13. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd is found with a rich source of vitamins and other nutrients that are the key to treatments of scabies. To make use of bitter gourd,
- Squeeze it to get the juice.
- Add some honey into it and enjoy the beverage.
- Do this several times a day for at least a weak to improve the condition.
Turmeric has been long used as a trusted ingredient in a powerful treatment of scabies thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Mix turmeric powder with a little of water to make a paste then apply it to your skin.
- Alternatively, to stimulate the effect, use other ingredients instead of water such as neem oil, lemon juice, neem powder, etc.
Image Credits: Wikimedia