You happen to switch on the television and see this gorgeous girl licking on one the most tempting ice-cream cone on the screen. Your mind is tempted to grab an ice-cream cone but your tooth says otherwise. You know the moment you eat something that is too cold or hot, your teeth will respond in a painful manner. So, is sensitive tooth keeping you away from leading your normal life? Well, there are a few things that you can do to get your life back on track. Here are some of the things that can help you overcome your tooth sensitivity:-
- Buy desensitizing toothpaste: Teeth sensitivity arises when the dentin is exposed. The dentin is the section of the tooth that lies beneath the enamel (the white part). When dentin is exposed, the tubules come in direct contact with the food or drink that you have causing sensation and pain. Desensitizing toothpastes fill the tubules in the dentin and thereby helps in reducing teeth sensitivity. Try brushing your teeth twice with this specially formulated toothpaste and you may feel the difference in few days.
- The cleaner, the better: Keep your teeth clean at all times. It is no secret that the gateway to your health opens from your teeth. A bad oral hygiene affects your teeth by giving freedom for plaque to form. Eventually, this plaque translates into various gum diseases including sensitive teeth. So fight it all the way. It’s not like you have to wage a lengthy battle; just a few minutes of brushing after you wake up and before going to bed is all that is required. Floss your teeth at least twice a week but its recommended that you do it daily.
- Say yes to soft bristles: Make sure that you use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Brushing techniques also needs to be proper. Hard bristles combined with aggressive brushing techniques will damage the enamel of the tooth. It is therefore advisable to follow a proper brushing technique by using a soft bristled tooth brush. Remember, its brushing and not war. So be gentle on your pearly whites.
- Fluoride rinse: You can try a fluoride rinse. It is known to help reduce sensitivity in people who have decay problems.
Besides the above pointers that may help ease your pain, keep an eye on your habits as well.
1)Eating Habits: Keep an eye on what you eat. The substances that you eat may be a culprit in destroying your teeth. Acidic food will slowly but steadily dissolve the enamels of your teeth which in turn will convert in to an agonizing tooth sensitivity problem. Avoid such foods as much as possible.
2) Tobacco: Every health article written anywhere will have one common culprit to blame, tobacco. Yes, tobacco is responsible for many a woes in our life and is also a major contributor to dental problems, including sensitivity. So if you think you look cool smoking a stick of cigarette or chewing a mouthful of tobacco, think again. The right day to quit is today and the right time is now.
3)Candy: Avoid sucking on candy. They may taste sweet but unfortunately they aren’t that good for your enamel.
Always consult your dentist when any problem persists for a longer period of time.Learn simple ways to deal with Sensitive teeth.