The memory capacity decreases as you grow old. Remembering the dosages of medicines might become very difficult at times. Whether a patient is taking right medicines on right time or not, is something that continuously bothers the loved ones concerned. The best way to deal with poor memory, especially in the case of taking medicines, is to make a proper routine.
If you are someone who is going through a similar situation, then there is a better alternative for the same. Without making of mental note, you can take the prescribed medication easily and precisely. Many companies have introduced an automated medication dispenser. It is effective and simple to use. It is because of this reason this product has gained great popularity and success.
How an automated medicine dispenser works?
This dispenser has to be loaded once in a month, with all the important prescribed medicines. This machine is beforehand, programmed to dispense medicines at the pre-determined time. It alerts the patients or the caretaker about the medicines.
Generally, in standards medicine dispensers there are audible alarm buzzers. This alarm will keep on ringing until the compartment holding the current medicine dose does not get empty. For people with hearing problem, a bright flashing light, is an option that is added on this system.
It has a unique alarm system, which has been designed with an intention of providing timely medical help. If medicines are not taken on time it lets the companies know about the same and one of the representatives will contact the relatives of the patient. In this way you can be aware of the situation before hand.
The system is programmed so meticulously designed and functions properly. At one point in time the compartment that holds the medicines functions and the other remains close.
Benefits of the system:
- Patient’s safety is improved.
- Possibility of taking the wrong medicine is completely eliminated.
- If the patient has not taken medicines his care taker is notified.
- It gives convenience by reducing physical steps and methods.
- As all the medications and supplies are stored in the same cabinet, everything becomes just so handy.
- It reduces cost.
- If installed at hospitals, it increases the efficiency of pharmacy and nursing staff.
Importance of automated medicine dispenser:
For many individuals taking medicines on time and in right dosage, keeps them healthy and tackle the issue properly. There are a number of people who needs to get admitted in emergency because of the casualness in the matter of taking medicines. There are many cases noted in which the patient can die, because of not taking proper medicines on time and worst taking wrong dosage on wrong time.
This device is quite simple to operate and in inexpensive as well. It can be relied upon for taking medicines at the right time and in the correct amount. It is very ideal for old people and children who are unwell.
Generally old people are not able to take proper medication on proper time because of the following reasons:
- They did not understand the instructions well.
- They are confused about the time of taking the medicines.
- Because of poor memory they sometimes assume they have already taken medicines.
- They are not confident about the right dose and thus don’t take medicines at all.
- They are not in a state to identify which tablet is supposed to be taken on what time.
These are all general problems, due to which patients of old age are not taking medication on time. All this issues are resolved when an automated medication dispensing system is installed.
Nady is a pharmacist and he closely keeps track of all the advancement made in the medical technology. His blog post on award winning automated medication dispensing systems is very informative.