Taking dance classes is not only fun, it is a great activity to improve your fitness. No matter what style of dance you are participating in, whether it is hip hop, ballet, belly dancing or modern, you will be giving yourself a great workout.
Dancing improves your cardiovascular fitness as well as your flexibility. It will help you to build long and lean muscle and to lose weight. Dancing also improves your posture, so you will stand up straighter and carry yourself with grace. After a few dance classes you will feel yourself being transformed into a healthier and stronger person.
When you are heading to your first ever dance class, you might not be sure what to wear. You want to make sure that your clothes are practical, but you don’t want to be the only one there in a leotard when everyone else is in sweatpants. Here are some tips for figuring out what to wear for your first dance class:
- Your best bet is to ask the instructor what the appropriate clothing is. They will be able to tell you what most people wear to classes and give you a great idea of where to start. You could also visit the studio and look in on a class to see what other students are wearing.
- Whatever you wear, you must be able to move around freely in it. This means that you should avoid jeans because they do not stretch and bend.
- You will be exercising, so make sure that you wear something cool in a fabric that breathes as you will be working up a sweat!
- It can also be a good idea to bring a hoodie or a cardigan for before the class, as the studios are often cool and before you get moving you might be chilly.
- Shoes are important, especially in some forms of dance such as tap and ballet. Ask your instructor about finding the appropriate shoes.
- Stay away from baggy clothing, as your instructor will want to be able to see the line of your body while you are dancing.
- If you have long hair, it should be pulled back away from your face so that it doesn’t get in the way while you are dancing.
Remember that you can always start your first few dance classes with inexpensive dance clothing just to see if you enjoy the dance. If you end up disliking the class you will not be out a lot of money and if you do love it you can invest in better quality clothes later.
When you are starting your first dance class you might be wondering what you should wear. Visit team wear for a great selection of hip dancewear and other sports clothing.