The human heart is one of the most complex things in the body and an organ that fuels our body. One can even describe it as a giant pump that drives blood throughout our body. For every minute, the human heart pumps about 5 quarters of blood through a complex system of blood vessels. This comes out to about 2000 gallons a day.
The heart is such as a precise mechanism that it beats more than 100,000 times day. It is one of the most vital organs in our body that keeps other organs working properly, by maintaining a constant blood supply.
Unfortunately, research is now showing that today’s fast-paced work environment is taking its toll on our cardiovascular system. Lack of sleep, improper nutrition, unhealthy eating habits and no exercise or physical activity are the main culprits behind this. This all leads to a wide range of problems and diseases. Though changing your lifestyle is of utmost importance and essential to maintaining a healthy heart there are few other things which you can do to promote the well-being of your heart and overall body.
Extensive studies and research are being done on cannabidiol (CBD) and its role in promoting heart health. CBD is available in a supplemental form in the form of CBD Oil, powder and even capsules.
The Medicinal Role of CBD in promoting Heart Health:
- CBD is well known for helping to reduce inflammation and anxiety, two major facts that can impact and cause heart problems.
- CBD has been proven as a sleep-aid for those who face trouble sleeping and along with that the essential part which CBD plays in body’s detoxification processes gives way to a healthy heart.
- CBD is thought to play an essential role in the cardiovascular system by suppressing irregular heartbeat and rectifying heart damage.
- Endocannabinoids are produced naturally in the body. Our body has two receptors; CBD- 1 and CBD- 2. The endocannabinoids acting at CBD-1 receptors regulate cardiac functions when suffering from hypertension. So if you have any kind of endocannabinoid deficiency CBD is a very good way to cover that deficiency and for giving a natural boost to your body’s endocannabinoid system.
- We all know mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell and for the entire body. CBD assists in the function of energy production of mitochondria and its anti-oxidant properties even provide essential support for tissue repair and growth.
- If your liver is not working properly; that could also be due to cardiovascular distress. CBD has been shown to protect the liver from alcohol-induced damage.
- Since CBD works as a relaxant; one of its roles is to relax the arterial walls and free them from any kind of tension. It even prevents plaque formation on the blood vessels. CBD doesn’t let the plaque stick to the arterial walls.
In a nutshell, CBD has clearly shown its ability to be used as an effective therapeutic aid for the heart. However, this post is for informational purposes and doesn’t give any kind of medical advice. Before incorporating CBD into your diet; please do contact your physician for professional advice.