On cold days, nothing cheers us up better than a hearty bowl of delicious soup – and this turmeric-coconut recipe might be our favorite yet!
Even better? Turmeric, coconut cream, and lentils have each been proven to have numerous health benefits, so you can feel better about going back for seconds, too!
Check out the recipe below!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 c lentils
- 4 c broth
- 2 c spinach, kale, or other greens
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- Heat oil in large pot. Add onion, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, and saute until veggies are slightly soft about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices, cooking until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add lentils and broth. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmering, cooking uncovered for about 25 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add greens and coconut cream and stir until incorporated.
Feel free to try variations based on what you have in your fridge; there’s nothing better than a versatile soup recipe, and you can do just about anything with this base.