Good manners are a sign of politeness, regardless of what others may think. Having good manners means speaking properly, using proper vocabulary, restraining emotions, having a neat and clean appearance, and being courteous.
Therefore, if you want to learn some good manners, take a look at the following etiquette 15 rules:
- When you’re walking with someone, and they greet people, you should greet them as well, even though you’ve never seen them before.
- Checking your phone constantly while you’re with someone could be interpreted as disinterest and boredom. Dedicate yourself to the person you’re with, instead of scrolling on your Instagram.
- If you’re a male, you can use your hands, instead of chopsticks, to eat sushi.
- Don’t ask people out if you tend to spend the evening texting or calling others.
- Never forget to thank people when they help you because this is a sign of appreciation.
- Ladies should never allow men carry their bags, whereas men should always take a lady’s coat to the cloakroom.
- Avoid having empty conversations over the phone and answer only when it’s very important.
- You should never stare at people, laugh, and talk loudly.
- If you’re a driver be careful not to splash pedestrians.
- When you’re at the cinema, theater, etc. while walking to your seat, your face needs to face the people you pass on your way.
- If you apologized and the apology was accepted, you should never do the same mistake.
- Polite men respect all women equally.
- Keep these 9 things to yourself: age, religion, disgrace, honor, affairs, wealth, medical problems, gifts, and family problems.
- If you’re the only one following a trend, people might find it ridiculous, regardless of how good it looks.
- Regardless of your age, profession, or status, always great everyone when you enter somewhere.
Following these rules is an excellent way to make the world a better place for all of us. Although some of them are not easy, it’s crucial to make them a part of your personality as good manners are never out of style, right?