Conventional sunscreen can be full of harmful chemicals and toxins. Instead, try this homemade sunscreen recipe! Not only does it protect your skin from getting burnt, but also nourishes and hydrates your skin with essential vitamins and nutrients!
After reading countless articles about the insane toxicity of brand name sunscreens I decided to make my own.
FYI: The numbers of reported melanoma have more than doubled in the last 30 years. Now might be a good time to start using sunscreen if you don’t already.
- 1 tbsp pomegranate oil*
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp non-nano zinc oxide (this makes the sunscreen about 40 SPF)
- 2 tbsp raw, unrefined shea butter or cocoa butter*
- Glass Jar
Optional: 10 drops lavender essential oil for fragrance.
*this doesn’t offer SPF, it’s just for skin health
- Combine all ingredients except zinc oxide in a jar.
- Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water on stove over medium/low heat.
- Place jar in saucepan and stir contents until ingredients start to melt.
- Once all ingredients are combined, add in zinc oxide and stir well. Store in a cool place.