Canker Sores Are the Worst, We Have Some Great Tips to Help
What is a canker sore?
According to U.S. National Library of Medicine, “A canker sore is a painful, open sore in the mouth. Canker sores are white or yellow and surrounded by a bright red area. They are not cancerous. A canker sore is not the same as a fever blister (cold sore).”
Causes of Canker Sores
Canker sores are a common form of mouth ulcer. They may occur with viral infections. In some cases, the cause is unknown.
Canker sores may also be linked to problems with the body’s immune system. The sores may also be brought on by:
- Mouth injury from dental work
- Cleaning the teeth too roughly
- Biting the tongue or cheek
Other things that can trigger canker sores include:
- Emotional stress
- Lack of certain vitamins and minerals in the diet (especially iron, folic acid, or vitamin B-12)
- Hormonal changes
- Food allergies
Anyone can develop a canker sore. Women are more likely to get them than men. Canker sores may run in families.
Easy Home Remedies To Fight Canker Sores
- Chamomile Tea Bag – Soak a chamomile tea bag in water and put it on the sore for ten minutes. The chemicals in chamomile have been shown to reduce inflammation and also have antiseptic properties.
- Raw Organic Honey – Put raw honey directly on your canker sore can do wonders to sooth the pain and coat the sore because of it’s antibacterial properties.
- Saltwater – Swish repeatedly during the day for best results.
- Aloe – This will help sooth the pain, make sure you use natural gel (not the green stuff).
- Yogurt – The live acidophilus cultures are great at fighting canker sores.