Most people don’t realize how getting rid of toxins can improve their health. It can lower risk of diseases, fight inflammation and make it easier to lose weight.
Incorporating some alkaline foods in your daily life can help flush out toxins from your body. The foods below support the main cleansing organs – liver, kidneys and colon. Toxins can’t build up in the body when these organs are functioning optimally.
Here are 10 alkaline foods that flush out toxins.
1. Blue vervain: Blue vervain has been used as a diuretic for centuries – it will promote removal of toxins through urine. It will also remove excess salt and bad fats from the body.
2. Soursop: This fruit is known to clean the gastrointestinal tract and remove toxins from the body.
3. Cabbage: This cruciferous vegetable contains antioxidants, fiber and alkaline minerals. Research shows that it cleanses the gastrointestinal tract and fights inflammation in the colon. You will also benefit from taking cabbage soup.
4. Cucumber: Water helps get rid of toxins and cucumber 95 percent of cucumber is water. Cucumbers will help cleanse your liver since they contain antioxidants, vitamin C and manganese.
5. Tila tea: This tea contains compounds that promote sweating – an effective way to remove toxins and excess fluids in the body. Research also shows that it can cleanse the intestinal tract and treat fevers.
6. Avocado: An alkaline diet isn’t complete without avocado. Avocado’s phytonutrients and vitamins help remove toxins from the body. In fact, is a great source of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that detoxifies the body.
7. Oregano: Oregano contains fiber, calcium, manganese, iron, and other nutrients that promote detoxification. Studies also show that oregano improves liver function.
8. Peaches: Studies show that peaches can help get rid of toxins in the kidney and liver.
9. Key limes: You probably know that high acid in the body is not good for your health. Well, key limes prevent buildup of acid in the body.
10. Sarsaparilla: This is a diuretic which can remove toxins, excess water, and fats from the body. It’s also known to clean blood.