The most inexpensive health remedy in the world is baking soda. It is beneficial for oral health, effective at combating everything from colds to cancer and so much more. Health benefits of baking soda include reduced risk and prevention of diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, acidity, peptic ulcer, and drug in-toxification. It helps in maintaining healthy skin because of the anti-itch or antipruritic properties. It is very effective in cold, flu and plaque removal. Baking soda is also a good source of sodium, and prevents bladder infection, hyperkalemia and kidney stones. We are going to talk about baking soda uses that you have not heard before:
Old wives’ remedy
- After an intensive exercise, you can drink water, mixed with baking soda, in order to ease your muscles.
- You can remove fungus and grime from your nails just by scrubbing it with baking soda. Put some baking soda on a used nail brush.
- To relieve your hands and feet from itching, soreness and odor, mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon peppermint essential oil with warm water. Soak your feet or hands for 20 minutes.
- For fresh breath just mix water with baking soda and gargle with it.
- Baking soda is the best home remedy for white teeth. Use it instead of toothpaste. Sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it.
- Mix 1 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon baking soda. Use it to remove dead skin cells from your skin.
- Baking soda is excellent for relieving insect bites, bee stings, itching from poison ivy or oak.
- The mixture of baking soda with water is also good for herpes and canker sores. It will dry them very fast.
Home remedies for acid reflux
With 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar mix ½ teaspoon baking soda. Because it will fizz you should use a bigger cup to make this mixture. You should wait until the bubbling stops and then add 8 Oz. water. You have to drink this remedy all at once. This mixture will neutralize the pH, it will aid you in relieving acid reflux and creating and alkaline-forming environment in your body.
If you want to relieve heartburn and GERD symptoms you can also use baking soda. You should mix ½ teaspoon baking soda with 16 oz. water.
Other baking soda home remedies
Dr. Mark Sircus in his book, Sodium Bicarbonate, discusses the findings of Dr. Tullio Simoncini, which are related to cancer overgrowth and explores treatments with baking soda. Hence, in order to prevent systemic fungal infections and protect yourself from diabetes and cancer, you should utilize a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
- Mix baking soda and water and gargle with it. This mixture will remove all the oral thrush.
- Treat a urinary tract infection by drinking an 8 Oz. glass of water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon baking sodaonce or twice a day.
- You can likewise utilize baking soda mixture with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to relieve a thrombosis.
- To kill Candida yeast and stop itching, douche with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water.
Pregnant women or children under 5 should not use baking soda remedies. You should be careful when you utilize baking soda. Using baking soda may have some side effects, so you should first consult with your doctor, especially if you are taking some medications. Another important thing you should know is that you can utilize baking soda, after it has been dissolved in liquid, never in its dry form. You should not utilize baking soda home remedies if you are on a low sodium diet, as it may deplete your body of essential vitamins and minerals. Additionally, you should not utilize baking soda remedies more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.
Article republished with permission from Health Tips Portal