Cleansing your lungs lets you detox them of infection, lower the risk of cancer, expand lung capacity and improve the health of the respiratory tract.
This is primarily suggested to smokers and people living in places with polluted air.
They are one of the best methods of lung cleansing. This doesn’t mean just taking a deep breath, it takes a lot more. There are numerous exercises for lung cleansing, so this is one of them.
This exercise will really help you cleanse your lungs, and it will be a nice start of the day if you do it in the morning, when there’s fresh air.
- Stand up and relax, keeping your arms at each side and your feet a little apart.
- Take several deep breaths, exhaling over the nose.
- Breathe in through the nose and calmly exhale through the mouth until you can’t exhale anymore. There’s more air in your lungs, so don’t stop here.
While we breathe, we don’t replace all of the air and it stays in the lungs.
Next, make your diaphragm let out all the air from your lungs by heavily gasping. Exhale through your mouth a few times, doing ha ha ha, until you think there isn’t any air left in your lungs. This will make you feel as if you have pulled in your stomach to your spine.
- Inhale fresh air through your nose into your empty lungs.
- Fully consume your lungs with air, and hold your breath for 5 seconds, counting slowly. By now, every cell in your body has been filled with oxygen.
- Exhale trough your mouth once again until there’s no more air left and do the ha ha ha to remove the last air out of your lungs.
Return to step 4 and do this as much as you want. Another perk of this exercise, except cleansing your lungs, is that it makes your stomach strong.
Photo Credits : wikihow
Source: Healthy Food House