No one likes to live with dull and lifeless hair, but with winter around the corner, it’s hard to keep that sleek, healthy shine. While we are quite concerned about our skin and religiously follow a skincare regimen, we forget that even our tresses need some love and care.
So here we have come up with some easy tricks which can help you get healthy, shiny and manageable hair and also help you keep that shine all year-round.
Read on to learn how you can whip your hair back into shape.
- Hair needs as much love and care as our skin, which means we must take care of our tresses as often as possible. Oil your hair twice a week and try to apply a deep nourishing hair pack once a month.
- Get your hair trimmed once every three to four months to get rid of unwanted split ends and to keep the ends of the hair in perfect shape. The split ends are harmful for the life of your hair as they tend to spread toward the root and damage the hair also.
- Don’t forget to keep your scalp clean. Wash your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo thrice in a week to maintain a healthy and clean scalp.
- Always use a comb with wide tooth to comb and detangle. Always keep in mind not to comb wet hair to avoid external damage. Hair is weakest when wet after wash and combing them means you will get a lot hair fall.
- Our hair is delicate and is not heat resistant so use the hot styling tools with ease. Do use the lowest heat possible for styling and always use a heat resistant for higher heat levels. Use the tongs and straighteners sparingly and pamper your hair with oil and hair spa every month to get beautiful hair.
- Use good quality hair colors which do not have ammonia in them. Our hair is delicate and constant coloring makes hair dry and damaged. We suggest using of natural coloring as henna which is good for hair and it provides grey hair coverage as well.
- While we all want to be in the current trend perming, straightening and re bonding damages hair and causes hair problems like damaged hair and hair fall so only indulge in these services from reputed institutions and follow the procedures correctly.
- If you have dry and damaged hair use yogurt to rejuvenate it. Take a whole egg in a glass bowl. Then mix one teaspoon each of honey and yogurt. Now, mix the ingredients well into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the hair concentrating on the tips. Once a bit dry rinse using cold water to get luscious healthy hair. Egg is rich in protein and honey helps to keep the moisture locked in the hair.
- For those who suffer from oily hair and scalp that turns greasy within the day of shampoo we have a great hair pack for you. Mix five to six tablespoons of yogurt with one tablespoon each of baking soda and fresh lime juice into a thick paste. Apply this paste over your hair from root to tip, specially concentrating on the roots. Leave the pack on for half an hour and wash off with warm water. Use this pack only once a week to get more manageable and less oily hair.
Hope these tips will help you get beautiful, long and healthy hair. Don’t forget to leave us a comment below. Till then, keep it stylish!
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://www.gettyimages.in/
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved.