Having those green, blue, red webs creeping behind your calves and other portions of your legs and thighs can be pretty disturbing; they limit you from wearing whatever you like and being comfortable in what you wear.
For this reason, myriads of people – males and females alike, are on the hunt for the best remedy to varicose veins. There are actually tons of things they can do not only to prevent these unsightly veins, but also to reduce the symptoms brought about by the condition.
There are inexpensive and easy to do home remedies which can be effective especially for less serious cases. Results may not be immediate, but with a little patience and perseverance, you could get the effects you want sooner or later. These DIY and home tips not only go out to those who already have bulging varicose veins, but may as well serve as preventive measures for everyone else who wants to keep their legs and thighs looking good and flawless.
DIY remedies for varicose veins
- Refrain from wearing poor-fitting clothes as these will impede blood circulation, thereby aggravating the appearance of varicose veins.
- When having to sit or stand for a long period of time, make sure to take short breaks in between. You can wiggle your toes or take short walking trips so that blood flow is improved.
- Make an effort in controlling and maintaining your weight. The reason why varicose veins are very common in legs and thighs is that these are the parts that support much of the body’s weight. The heavier you are, the more pressure there is on the veins.
- Wear over-the-counter compression stockings. These stockings apply pressure on the affected areas, shutting the veins close.
Surgical treatment for varicose veins is also available for those who find that the problem is beyond home or DIY remedy. It can be done by ligation and removal of the bigger veins.
This is a non-invasive procedure wherein the doctor will inject a chemical into the affected area, which will cause the veins to close and eventually disappear.
This type of treatment is usually common among people who are willing to shell out money in exchange for beautiful, flawless legs. Unfortunately, it does not always work for everyone especially for people of a particular skin type or color.
This is a minimally invasive procedure in which radiofrequency is used to burn the walls inside the varicose veins, thereby closing them down. This is a newer alternative to the more common laser treatments.
Given a variety of options to get rid, if not reduce the appearance of varicose veins, people have more to choose from – depending on their skin type, color, preference, and budget. But of course, it would not be sensible to decide alone and rely on common knowledge as the advice and recommendation of professional doctors do have bearing. One should also be wary of the possible side effects of their chosen treatment in order to be duly prepared for the outcome.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://morguefile.com/
This article was written by Cedric Loiselle, who is an expert writer for a wide range of niches including health, beauty, and fitness.