New Parent Preparations: Reasons to Get the Playard Early
When a new baby is on the way, it is always best to have the home prepared. Once the baby is born, time can be hard to find to complete unfinished projects. These preparations should include completing the nursery with all the equipment you need. One of the “must haves” for your nursery is a playard. This new generation play pen is much different than those of old. They are newly designed to enhance convenience, come with attached toys for when the infant grows, and have a portable bassinet to use for your newborn.
There are many reasons to have your playard ready, including:
• The possibility of an early arrival. Some babies decide that they are ready to be born, even if it is not when the parents expect their arrival. Babies born early need a lot of care and attention. Having everything ready will help ensure if the baby comes early, you are ready.
• Easy to coordinate with other nursery items. If you purchase the playard early, you can coordinate all your nursery accessories to match. This will also allow you to see if you like how the nursery is arranged. Doing it early will also allow you to rearrange the room as often as necessary to you get the desired look.
• Helps make gift giving easier. Inevitably you will have a baby shower as your due date nears, having your play crib already in place will allow you to register for gifts that coordinate with it and the baby’s room. This also helps ensure that you have the furniture piece you really want and not simply one received from a friend.
• Eases new parent stress levels. If you wait until after the baby is born to purchase a play pen, or set it up, it may become an impossible task. New parents often do not realize how important this nursery item is, and how it can help eliminate some of their exhaustion.
• Enables easy routine setting. When a baby is tired, even newborns, they enjoy tummy time, and having a proper space ready will allow them to become accustomed to this part of their lives right from the start. This will also help in the future if you go on outings. Playards by Bright Starts are portable and if the baby is already accustomed to theirs, your outings will go smoothly.
• Creates bliss of self-satisfaction. There is something very satisfying about knowing that you are completely ready for your new arrival. New parents have many things to worry about, some of it necessary worry, some of it just nervous worry. When you have your nursery complete, the knowledge of being prepared will relieve some of this anxiety.
New parents can undergo a lot of stress. This is especially true if this is your first child and you are unsure what to expect. Having your nursery prepared ahead of time will allow you to focus on what is most important – your newborn.
A mother of two, Ann Bailey encourages new parents to be ready in plenty of time for the new member of the family. Kids II, Inc. provides innovative playards by Bright Starts that help protect and pamper infants, while adding to the peace of mind and ease of handling for all family members when the newborn gets home.