Planning Christmas Deserts: The Delicious Nuts Style
1) Christmas fruits & nuts trifle
1. Boil half cup rice in 2 cups milk until cooked and sticky. Add 1 cup of chocolate, 2 pinch salts and half cup brown sugar to it, continuously stir until the chocolate and rice mixed well and become stickier. Add some nuts to it and leave the mixture to cool. Take a trifle bowl spread out this mixture in the bottom of the bowl.
2. Remove the orange skin with a knife; make sure all the pith is detached. Make thin slice of the orange and assemble over the mixture of bowl. Sliced Apple, dried grape sprinkle over orange. Sprinkle sugar coated peanut and salty cashew nuts over the fruits mixture; you can pour small amount of any juices over it.
3. Whip the cream until smooth. Spoon the cream on the top of the fruits.
4. Decorate the top with flake of almonds and chocolate grate. Refrigerate it until serve.
2) Cocoanut –Cashew tart in chocolate crust
Ingredients for Crust:
• Vegetable oil spray (nonstick)
• All purpose flour-1 1/4 cups
• Sugar-2/3 cups
• Cocoa powder-1/2 cups
• Salt-1/4 teaspoon
• Unsalted butter (diced)-10 tablespoons
• Ice water-1 1/2 tablespoons
Ingredients for Filling:
• Brown sugar-1 cup
• Whipped cream-1 cup
• Maple syrup-1/3 cup
• Chopped fresh ginger-1 and 1/2 tablespoons thinly
• Salty roasted cashew nuts-2 cups
• Coconut flakes-1 cup
• Chopped chocolate, (semisweet)-5 ounces
Take about 11 inch diameter tart pan and spray with nonstick vegetable oil. Then mix flour, cocoa, salt and sugar together in a processor for 5-10 seconds. Next add butter to the mixture and blend. Put in 1 and 1/2 tablespoons ice water and blend again until the mixture become fine dough. After that compress the dough lightly and stick it to the prepared pan and freeze the crust 30 minutes.
Finally preheat your oven to 350°F.You need to put crust on baking sheet & bake it for about 18 minutes until it become dry and a little puffed. Cool crust on shelf fully.
Take a heavy medium size saucepan and boil brown sugar, maple syrup, cream, and ginger to over medium to high temperature, at the same time stir softly to melt the sugar. Now adjust heat to keep up low boiling, at approximately 222°F, stirring intermittently, after 10-12 minutes mix coconut and cashews to it. Chill for 20 minutes.
Put chopped chocolate in an ovenproof bowl. Melt the chocolates in oven. Now this melted smooth chocolate brush on the crust to cover completely. The crust is now store in freezer for 15-20 minutes to make the chocolate hard and cold. After becoming hard the filling is then pour into crust. Lay the tart on framed baking sheet and cook in the oven (about 35 minutes) until filling is start to bubbling and darken. Remove tart from oven. Cool it absolutely. Residual chocolate melt again in microwave for decoration. Trickle chocolate over the tart in round or lacy model.
3) Christmas fruit & nut cake
For Caramel Topping
• Unsalted butter, melted, 6 tablespoons and some more
• Light brown sugar-3/4 cup
• Honey-1/4 cup
• Lightly toasted sliced almonds and cashews -2 cups
• Flour-1 1/4 cups
• Cocoa powder-1/2 cup
• Baking powder-1 teaspoon
• Salt-1/2 teaspoon
• Unsalted butter-1 stick
• Sugar-1 1/2 cups
• 3 eggs
• Buttermilk-1 cup
• Vanilla essences-1 teaspoon
1. Topping preparation: Take about a 10-inch cake pan and grease with butter. Then 6 tablespoons softened butter placed into the pan and twirls to cover the bottom of the pan; dust brown sugar in it. Now sprinkle honey and 2 cups both nuts over sugar.
2. Preheat your cooking oven to 350 degrees temp.
3. Cake Preparation: sieve the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt jointly 3 times to make an extra light cake. Pour butter in an electric mixer bowl & make it fluffy and smooth. Pour sugar and keep on mixing. Add eggs one after one and continue beating each time. Beat the mixture for 3 minutes to become fluffy. Now set the mixer on low speed, mix half of the dry ingredients, then add ½ cup buttermilk and keep on mixing. Next put in another half of dry ingredients, mixed well, and add remaining ½ cup buttermilk and essence (vanilla). After very good mixing the smooth batter pour into the pan.
4. Bake about 45-55 minutes until the top become light golden color. Detach the cake from the edge of the pan by applying a knife around it and reverse the pan instantly on a serving dish. Still keep the pan on top for 5 minutes so that the cake can suck the retaining caramel, if the caramel attaching to the pan, then hot the pan and after that pour over cake. Allow the cake completely cool.
Joye Allen is a well-known health blogger intend to educate people about disease preventions practices to live a healthy life. She could do more than leave in the corporate world; she started freelancing in article writing and blogging. During writing this content she took helps Nutstop.com as a resource.