It Is Possible to Improve Skin Elasticity
As you get older your skin will sag. It will droop. You will wake up one day and you won’t recognize yourself in the mirror. While this is a fact of life, there are ways to slow down the effects of aging by improving your skin elasticity so that you always look younger than you really are. In fact, improving your skin’s elasticity is one of the most important things you can do to look younger and smooth your skin.
What Causes Loss of Skin Elasticity?
There are a few reasons why your skin will lose its elasticity. These can include regular aging, dramatic weight changes, and environmental effects. While some of these reasons can be reduced, such as limiting the amount of sun that your skin receives without sun protection, other reasons, like aging, cannot be helped. Luckily, even with reasons such as aging, there are ways that you can slow down the process so that you will always recognize yourself in the mirror.
Improving Skin Elasticity
If you are interested in improving the elasticity in your skin then below are a few products you can start using today.
- Hyaluronic acid serum: Serums have become a popular way to administer skin products because they are a non-greasy and potent alternative to heavy creams and lotions. Hyaluronic acid serum in particular is proven to improve skin elasticity and because it is naturally found in the body using this serum is a good way to improve your looks without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Supplements: Vitamin C and vitamin E, when taken as a supplement, can also help improve your skin’s natural elasticity. While there is no scientific evidence that these supplements help they can be taken in conjunction with your favorite serums and creams and may ultimately help improve your bodies health as well.
- Antioxidants: Some of these same vitamins that you can take as a supplement can also be found in the creams and serums that you smooth on your face. These creams provide antioxidants to your body which are key in slowing down the aging process and improving skin elasticity. If you are interested in getting more antioxidants you can also try eating more foods rich in antioxidants such as berries and certain vegetables.
In addition to using hyaluronic skin acid and taking supplements if you really want to improve your skin’s elasticity you will need to make lifestyle changes to support the anti-aging products you are using. These changes can include:
- Stop smoking: Smoking leads to wrinkles and fine lines so it makes sense that if you stop smoking your skin will ultimately improve. If you continue smoking no amount of creams and serums will help you look younger.
- Wear sunscreen: Like smoking, excess exposure to the sun will lead to aging skin. This means that you need to practice sensible sun exposure to improve your skin’s elasticity. You can start by wearing sunscreen daily, even on days which are overcast since UV rays can reach you through clouds. Additionally, use a broad brimmed hat and avoid going outside during peak sunlight hours when the sun is directly overhead.
- Use gentle products: Rather than using harsh chemicals and unnatural skin ingredients try using gentle products on your skin and you will quickly see benefits to your skin. While you may already have started using gentle and natural hyaluronic acid for your skin you can also switch to a gentle cleaner and moisturizer to round out your skin care arsenal.
Eventually we will all succumb to the aging process, but by using the right type of products and practicing the lifestyle changes listed above you really can improve your skin’s elasticity and pause the aging process for a few more years.