Obesity is weighing heavily on the minds of millions of people around the world. So many fad diet plans have come and gone over the years. And hundreds and thousands of people, desperate to take off those pounds and ounces, have tried them all with little or no results. Even worse, some of these people ended up with more pounds instead of shedding some. However, there are plenty of natural food items that can help you keep your weight in check, and the best part is, they’ll hardly have any side effects on your overall health or well being.
1) Eggs – This wonderful food has received a bit of a bad rap when it comes to nutritional value and weight loss benefits. The truth is that egg white is a powerful source of protein, which helps keep you feeling fuller for longer periods. In addition to that, eggs are also believed to be a good food for stabilizing the blood glucose levels. Yet another benefit of eggs is that they are mostly used in breakfast and a healthy breakfast is the bedrock of an effective weight loss plan.
2) Beans – Not only are beans a low-cholesterol, heart-healthy food, but they are also an excellent source of protein and fiber—both of which are fulfilling and long-lasting foods to help curb the appetite. Protein is also necessary to build lean muscle; a key component to getting rid of fat. Beans are, in fact, the only food you’ll see twice on the food chart. They are rich enough in protein to be included in the meat section and have enough vital nutrients to also make an appearance in the vegetable section. Beans are also an excellent source of powerful cancer-fighting antioxidants. The darker in the color, the richer in antioxidants it will be.
3) Grapefruit – Researchers claim that eating grapefruit can help the weight conscious people in more than one ways. A study, conducted at La Jolla, CA’s Scripps Clinic, concluded that grapefruit juice, or fruit can help in weight loss. Some great results were seen by those who actually ate the grapefruit on regular basis. Grapefruits provide other significant benefits and contain only 39 calories making them an excellent choice to include in all of your natural weight loss diet plans.
4) Nuts – It’s true that nuts are not exactly low-fat foods. However, consuming nuts between meals can boost the metabolism, subsequently balancing out the calories consumed. More importantly, nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that are believed to reduce the risks of heart disease and assist in weight loss. A recent study conducted by Purdue University indicated that those who frequently include nuts in their diets are generally slimmer than people who do not.
5) Hot Peppers – Hot peppers contain a fair amount of capsaicin, which is believed to be a rather powerful appetite suppressant. Consuming foods that contain hot peppers early in the day, with breakfast, for instance, can help control appetite through lunch. That’s great news for anyone struggling with the food cravings while attempting to control their weight.
You can exercise and take pills for all you want, but all of your efforts will be sabotaged if you are eating the wrong food in your daily meals. Try including these foods (you can search for more) as a regular part of your daily diet and see how much of a difference it will make to your weight loss efforts.
Saba Mushtaq loves to write on health and fitness related topics. Apart from the food, weight loss boot camp is another great way of embarking upon a healthy lifestyle that will help you lose the extra pounds and stay fit.